Re: [h-e-w] emacs 24 - mouse drag does not highlight

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] emacs 24 - mouse drag does not highlight
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 13:08:16 -0400

On 4/2/2013 12:02 PM, Drew Adams wrote:
In 24, if I down-mouse-1 and start to drag to select a region, the
region is not highlighted until I release the mouse.  In 23, it
highlighted as I dragged, what I consider normal for both
Windows and Linux.

It works for me.

Try providing a reproducible recipe, starting with `emacs -Q'.

Thanks for the response and assurance that it should work.

I restarted emacs and it works as you say. I must have hit some odd key chord that put into "don't highlight until up-mouse" mode.