Re: [h-e-w] <C-return> is undefined in nXML mode

From: John Brown
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] <C-return> is undefined in nXML mode
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 05:04:27 -0800 (PST)

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>>  Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 15:35:30 -0800 (PST)
>>  From: John Brown <address@hidden>
>>

>>  I would rather enable the C-Return binding.
>
> Then you will have to bind it as any other key, because by default
> C-Return is unbound.
>  I don't know why you expected it to be bound.

Because I saw in several articles that you have a choice of C-Return
or M-Tab. The most prominent example is in the help for nXML mode
(C-h m):

"<C-return> performs completion on the symbol preceding point."

There is also the GNU Emacs manual at
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/emacs.html:

"The major mode for editing XML documents is called nXML mode.
This
is a powerful major mode that can recognize many existing
XML schema
and use them to provide completion of XML elements
via C-<RET> or M-<TAB> ..."

Regards,
John Brown.