Re: [h-e-w] New build of the trunk for MS Windows

From: Drew Adams
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] New build of the trunk for MS Windows
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:11:40 -0700

> > It would be great it someone would do for MS Windows what these
> > guys (and probably others) do for other platforms:
> >
> > http://emacsformacosx.com/
> > http://emacs.naquadah.org/
> > which is just make builds on a regular basis and stick them
> > on a website somewhere.  No need to let the development list
                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^
> > know every time.
>
> Someone used to do that, IIRC (uploaded to alpha.gnu.org).

Sean Sieger did it.  But he also notified emacs-devel and help-emacs-windows.

I think the notifications are important, especially if the updates are not
regular.

It is most important to notify address@hidden, IMO.  That would be
enough, I think, if you are worried about Emacs Dev being annoyed by the
announcements.  These are announcements for Emacs users, not just for
developers.

Ccing address@hidden  (You should not drop that list from the cc
list if you are discussing a proposal to stop sending such messages.)