Re: [h-e-w] Printing - At Wit's End

From: Michael Flynn
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Printing - At Wit's End
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 14:47:01 -0700

Gary,
That was exactly it.  Those  few lines were put in there by the emacs
customization feature years ago and I have just ignored them as I did
not really understand them.

Earlier this week the test of creating the file with ps-print-buffer
in emacs then using ghostprint outside of emacs to print it worked.
At some point I must have hit enter with the cursor in the middle of
that line, changing user-full-name from "Michael Flynn Edited shown
value ..."  to a string with a CR or LF in it.   I changed
user-full-name to "Michael Flynn" and now everything works.

I certainly learned  a lot during this process.  For me all that was
needed was to ensure that the ghostscript bin and lib directories were
in the path, and that these lines were in my .emacs

(setenv "GS_LIB" "C:/Program Files/gs/gs9.04/lib")
(setq ps-lpr-command "C:/Program Files/gs/gs9.04/bin/gswin64c.exe")
(setq ps-lpr-switches '("-q" "-sDEVICE=mswinpr2" "-dNOPAUSE" "-dBATCH"))
(setq ps-printer-name t )

Also on my installation of Windows 7, both gswin64c.exe and
gswin32c.exe both worked ok.

Many thanks to Eli, Michael, Michel, Gary and Lennart who all contributed.

Especially Eli who replied to twenty of my queries not to mention a
hundred more in the past.

Michael

--
Michael Flynn