Re: [h-e-w] Microsoft IME Japanese input problem in GNU emacs

From: Zavier0
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Microsoft IME Japanese input problem in GNU emacs
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 21:03:17 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks again Jason for your reply.

Jason Rumney-4 wrote:

> Zavier0 <address@hidden> writes:
>

>>> Probably your locale on the second machine is set to Japanese?
>

> set-locale-environment does not change the locale of Windows (and the
> IMEs that Windows runs), only of Emacs.  The Windows locale can be
> changed in the Regional Settings control panel (the title of the
> relevant option is something like "Language for non-Unicode Programs").

Alright. It was funny to notice that despite my Windows is Japanese, the
windows locale
was set to "America". I changed it to Japanese, it resolved some issues I
had (auto-update
bubbles with some ?????? inside instead of Japanese) but not the IME input
problem with Emacs.

Jason Rumney-4 wrote:

> Zavier0 <address@hidden> writes:
>> But the small IME input window does not appear, which means that the
>> kanjis
>> choice appear only after I press "enter" (like when typing a password,
>> you
>> are blind).
>
> Please report this as a bug.  When the support for Windows IMEs was

Alright. I add more details: I am typing blind until I press twice "space",
which finally activates
the choices for kanjis in this small IME  window (it appears on the
bottom-right corner of the screen).

Regards.