[h-e-w] Microsoft IME Japanese input problem in GNU emacs

From: Zavier0
Subject: [h-e-w] Microsoft IME Japanese input problem in GNU emacs
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 02:38:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

when I tried to type Japanese in GNU emacs (v22.3.1) with the native
Microsoft IME of the Japanese version of Windows 7 (64bit), I got : ????????
(some interrogation marks instead of kanjis).

However, when I use the GNU emacs native japanese input, it works fine.
 Problem: it is far less convenient than Microsoft IME.

Surprisingly, I do not have this problem with GNU emacs installed on my
laptop (WIndows 7 Ultimate, 32 bits, same version of Microsoft IME), despite
both GNU emacs installations are rigorously the same (well really seem the
same  at least).

Of course, I can open file with Japanese inside without problem, this is
just the input that does not work.

Thank you very much.