Re: [h-e-w] Why do replace commands sometimes not work?

From: MBR
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Why do replace commands sometimes not work?
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 15:24:48 -0400

Thanks, Francis.  That's a big help.  Kevin Buchs' suggestion solves this specific case, but I define macros frequently, and within those macros I often want to move to either the beginning or end of a narrowed region.  I'm looking at (defun beginning-of-buffer ... in simple.el, and it's not obvious to me why it should not be used in Lisp programs.  But as a programmer I'm more familiar with C and its descendants.  I only have a passing acquaintance with Lisp, so there may be things that are obvious to an experienced Emacs-Lisp programmer that are not obvious to me.
Mark