Re: [h-e-w] Workarounds for emacs on Windows 7

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Workarounds for emacs on Windows 7
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 19:40:08 +0300

> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 14:46:01 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I have a feeling that perhaps Emacs does not respond when it runs
> the init files and that makes Win7/64-bit guess that Emacs is
> dead.

Nice theory, but it can't happen, since the Emacs message pump runs in
a separate thread.  So even if the main thread is processing lots of
Lisp, the messages sent by Windows are still being received and
processed by the other thread.  If this weren't so, you will have
"Emacs is not responding" each time you invoked a long-running program
via call-process.

And you yourself said that this didn't happen on XP.

So some other factor is at work here.