Re: [h-e-w] Workarounds for emacs on Windows 7

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Workarounds for emacs on Windows 7
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 11:50:58 +0200

I just realized that I have only told about one of the problems I have
seen. There are two:

- The menus does not work as they should. This problem can only happen
the way I see it in my patched Emacs, but I am not sure it is really
related to any of my patches. What I see is that the "&"-signs that I
use to get underlined chars in the menus now shows up as just "&"
chars instead. Fixing the underline is done by the w32 API so they get
wrong information somehow here.

- Emacs stops working and windows 7 tells me this. This happens quite
often when I start Emacs and immediately switches to another
application (i.e. before my emacs init files has finished).