Re: [h-e-w] EMACSW32 and Windows 7 Win+Arrow Shortcuts

From: Buchs, Kevin
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EMACSW32 and Windows 7 Win+Arrow Shortcuts
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 12:02:48 -0500

Having been recently moved to Windows-7 and wanting things to work
better for me, I learned some cool thinks like the command mklink to
make a link. Since I decided also to try the leading edge of the wave of
Emacs candidate releases, I made use of mklink to allow easy changes in
my emacs installation. Each install goes into a separate directory, but
I created a link "C:\Program Files\Emacs that points to the directory I
wish to use for my current installation. You need the /d option to
create a link to point to a directory. Then all file associations,
scripts, etc. no longer need to change. They all reference through the
link.

Kevin Buchs | Senior Engineer | SPPDG | 507-538-5459 |
address@hidden
Mayo Clinic | 200 First Street SW | Rochester, MN 55905 |
http://www.mayo.edu/sppdg