Re: [h-e-w] Emacs error message after uninstalling EmacsW32.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs error message after uninstalling EmacsW32.
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 19:11:45 +0200

> Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 14:37:32 -0800
> From: Werner Chacon <address@hidden>
>
> I uninstalled EmacsW32.  Now I get this error when running the native Emacs
> for Windows.   I ran version 21.3, 22.3, and 23.4.  All did the same thing.
>
> Here is the error message:
>
> if: Wrong number of arguments: #[(type level message &rest args) "ÄÅÆ
> # #‡" [type message args level display-warning apply format] 6
> ("c:/emacs-23.4/lisp/emacs-lisp/warnings.elc" . 8483)], 2
>

> Someone on Stackoverflow also had the same problem.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4922105/my-emacs-in-windows-seven-always-shows-startup-error-about-warning-any-help
>
> Would you have a solution to this?

There's a solution on Stackoverflow.  Does that work for you?  If not,
start by invoking Emacs with "emacs -Q" and see if that avoids the
problem.  If it does, there's something in your .emacs that triggers
the problem.  Find what triggers it, and you will probably realize how
to solve it; if not, come back here with the details.