Re: [h-e-w] emacs eshell shell prompt

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] emacs eshell shell prompt
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 19:36:36 -0500

Sarir Khamsi <address@hidden> writes:

> and then start a bash shell in Emacs with M-x shell.

I'm a bit confused here... are you answering a question about `eshell' by
saying you don't run it and use M-x shell instead?

Or is it a typo and you meant to say M-x eshell?

Following your example I do not see any change here.
And if I eval `(getenv "shell")' it shows:

 C:/Users/harry/emacs/bin/cmdproxy.exe

I guess that executable is part of the distribution since I'm pretty
sure I didn't put it there.