Re: [h-e-w] tramp on Windows

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] tramp on Windows
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 17:32:20 -0500

On 1/25/2012 4:50 PM, Sarir Khamsi wrote:
Ken Goldman<address@hidden>  writes:

I tried to use tramp on Windows to connect to a Linux machine.  For
some reason, it tries to use ftp.  The documentation says it should
use scp through putty.

Is there some configuration I'm missing?

This works fine for me without any special config. Are you sure scp is
in your path?

There is no scp in the path.

The documentation says that "Under Windows, tramp is integrated with the PuTTY package, using the plink program. "

What does that mean. I have putty and winscp installed. There is no plink.exe anywhere. Is there something else I have to install?