Re: [h-e-w] Trouble with TRAMP temp files under Windows 7

From: Katz, Dan
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Trouble with TRAMP temp files under Windows 7
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 18:20:10 +0000

If I just call delete-file as you suggest, it succeeds and deletes the file.

One thing I've "noticed" (but not gathered any statistics on, so it might not
be real), is that the failures of this sort tend to be on "large-ish" temp
files.  (I.e. that contain longer dired-listings - say more than 20 entries or
something like that.)  Attempts to access small subfolders seem to succeed.
This had me thinking about race conditions and such, but I didn't know what to
do with that idea...

Dan

computer.

Bain Capital, LLC