Re: [h-e-w] Emacs Clipboard crash (really how to debug emacs on Windows)

From: Gary Oberbrunner
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs Clipboard crash (really how to debug emacs on Windows)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 10:49:29 -0500 (EST)

Probably not related but maybe someone here can help: I'm getting a crash in
shell mode when catting a particular file out to the buffer.  I suspect
fontification or something, but haven't yet been able to narrow it down by
cutting down my .emacs.  (Doesn't happen with emacs -Q of course, so it's
something in my config.)

I'm a seasoned developer but not particularly an emacs dev.  What's the right
way to debug emacs on Windows?  I see a .gdbinit -- can I use cygwin gdb?  Or
do I need mingw?  Feel free to point me to a web page to get me going, I'd
appreciate it.

thanks,

--
Gary Oberbrunner