Re: [h-e-w] 23.1.1: Maximize, minimize, maximize leaves emacs under side

From: Kenneth Goldman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] 23.1.1: Maximize, minimize, maximize leaves emacs under side-taskbar in Windows XP
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:10:42 -0400

> From: Rolf Campbell <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden,
> Date: 10/24/2011 12:28 PM
> Subject: Re: [h-e-w] 23.1.1: Maximize, minimize, maximize leaves
> emacs under side-taskbar in Windows XP

> Sent by: address@hidden
>
> On 2011-10-23 18:53, Rolf Campbell wrote:
> > On 2011-10-22 09:02, Rolf Campbell wrote:
> >> Steps to reproduce:
> >> 1) Move your Windows taskbar to the left or right side of the screen.
> >> 2) Maximize emacs using the button in it's title bar.
> >> 3) Minimize emacs using the button in it's title bar.
> >> 4) Restore emacs to it's maximized state by clicking on it's button it
> >> the Windows XP taskbar.
> >>
> >> Result: The Emacs windows goes *under* the taskbar.
> >>
> >> Expected result: The Emacs windows should be in the same location as
> >> when it was first maximized.

I see both the expected result and the result.  The emacs window is in

the same location (when it's maximized, there is only one location) and
it's under the task bar.

I tried several other applications (Thunderbird, Firefox, Palm, Explorer)
and they all work the same way.  Further, I expect that, when I click the
taskbar, it stays on top.