[h-e-w] suggestion for emacs*bin*zip

From: Bob Qualls
Subject: [h-e-w] suggestion for emacs*bin*zip
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 08:37:05 -0600

"Setting up Emacs Org-mode for Windows on Vimeo" at http://vimeo.com/16533939

This link should be included in that .zip file, my opinion.  .I had a difficult time getting my Emac install completed because I couldn't find the .emacs file.  The Russell Adams tutorial, mentioned above, really helped get me into a comfort zone with Emacs much sooner than I would have otherwise.

I just realized that I downloaded Emacs because I wanted to become an Org-Mode user.  That's just a sub-set of the Emacs package, so maybe most downloaders don't give a hoot about Org-Mode, in which case they wouldn't give a hoot about the tutorial either.

For those who are interested in Org-Mode, the video is very much to the point.

By following the steps shown on the video I was able to generate and find the .emacs file.
Well, I thought I generated it.  After reading the documentation for ~/.emacs and HOME directories, perhaps a whine too late, I realized that the .emacs file was probably present but I didn't know where to look for it.

Bottom line, that video will get users into an Org-Mode comfort zone very quickly and I think it should be considered for inclusion in the emacs*bin*zip files.

Bob Qualls
Louisville, Colorado