Re: [h-e-w] Gnu Emacs

From: Carson Chittom
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Gnu Emacs
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 11:27:21 -0500

Vijay Lakshminarayanan <address@hidden> writes:

> I use emacs-nt on Windows Vista and use Gnus with gnutls on cygwin.  I
> haven't had any issues.

Sorry, I should have been clearer, because you're right.  Using
Windows-native Emacs+Gnus together with Cygwin's OpenSSL and/or GnuTLS *does*
work, or so I'm told.  (The SUA Community's OpenSSL didn't work at first
try, but I gave up shortly thereafter.)

However, using Windows-native Emacs+Gnus together with the available
Windows-native binaries for OpenSSL and/or GnuTLS does *not* work---or at
least, I couldn't make it work, and nobody I could find through Google
could make it work either; and nobody seems quite sure what the problem
is.  This is what I meant.  I know some people feel differently, but it
just seemed odd to me to install Cygwin just for its OpenSSL/GnuTLS and
not use its Emacs.  (Probably I'm the odd one.)