[h-e-w] Gnu Emacs

From: John DeRuntz
Subject: [h-e-w] Gnu Emacs
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:39:09 -0700

Hello,

I have used emacs for years on Sun Solaris platforms and also with a unix emulator on a Dell workstation. However these machines are rather old now and I don’t know how long they will continue working.

So I would like to install emacs on a new Dell XPS laptop with a Windows 7 OS. Looking at the available files on your website I have no idea as to what I should download for my new machine. Also, will I need a unix emulator or will I be able to use emacs directly with MS Windows?

Please advise,

John DeRuntz