Re: [h-e-w] Build fails on Windows with cygwin

From: robinows
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Build fails on Windows with cygwin
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 21:51:15 -0400 (EDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
To: robinows <address@hidden>
Cc: help-emacs-windows <address@hidden>
Sent: Wed, Sep 14, 2011 3:49 pm
From: address@hidden
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:12:19 -0400 (EDT)

Is it possible that the Cygwin port of Make you are using is
case-insensitive to target names?  If so, that's a bad misfeature.  I
suggest to ask a question on the Cygwin list about this, perhaps
there's an option to disable this.
 It sure looks like it, but Cygwin make is gnu make. It doesn't have
that problem.

GNU Make has the HAVE_CASE_INSENSITIVE_FS feature, see config.h.in in
the GNU Make distribution.  Someone could have built a Cygwin Make
with that feature turned on.
I didn't know that! Although I should have. The mingw32-make that I use to build WIndows emacs has that feature. I've just built a cygwin make with that feature, and got the same result as the OP.