Re: [h-e-w] emacs-20110510 windows binaries

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] emacs-20110510 windows binaries
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 13:59:15 -0500

On Thu, 12 May 2011 20:47:17 +0200 Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:

JB> 2011/5/12 Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>:
>> I am not sure we want to rely on a personal web site for distributing
>> Emacs-related security code.  Maybe Sean or someone else should copy or
>> compile and then host those DLLs, ideally together with the Emacs binary
>> distribution.

JB> That's for the maintainers to decide.

I'm not sure which maintainers you mean.  The Emacs maintainers?  Do
they care?  The distribution maintainer (Sean in this case) seems like
the more important decision maker.

JB> And, IIUC, distributing the binary DLLs means making also the code
JB> accesible, doesn't it?

The GnuTLS code is accessible at git://git.savannah.gnu.org/gnutls.git

It doesn't have to be distributed with the binaries IIUC, but a link to
the source code should be provided.

Ted