Re: [h-e-w] Re: Yank primary selection

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Yank primary selection
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 23:20:21 +0800

Ken Goldman <address@hidden> writes:

> On 3/6/2011 11:10 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>> From: "Francis Wright"<address@hidden>
>>> Cc:<address@hidden>
>>> Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 14:22:44 -0000
>>>
>>> I often copy text to the clipboard in another application and then paste it
>>> in Emacs using the mouse
>>
>> Not by default, but if you rebind mouse-2 to mouse-yank-at-click, you
>> will have the same in Emacs 24.

Looking at the function definitions, I don't think you need to rebind
mouse-2 on Windows.

>> Not by default, but you will be able to have this if you customize
>> mouse-drag-copy-region to a non-nil value.
>
> For those of us who are just users and not elisp coders, could you
> give us the actual elisp code to get back the old behavior?

If setting a variable using elisp is beyond your level of knowledge, you
can use customize-option to set mouse-drag-copy-region.  You can run
this from the menu: Options -> Customize Emacs -> Specific Option...