RE: [h-e-w] Speeding up Emacs

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Speeding up Emacs
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 11:21:27 -0500

Matt:

Perhaps the work computer is set up to perform security scans of the USB
drive before it allows code to execute.

If you could get the IT person to disable the drive letter associated
with the USB drive and test it, you might notice a fairly good
improvement.  If you're on good terms with him or her, you might get the
anti-virus / anti-malware services disabled at least temporarily just to
test the theory.

Then at least you'll know it's not an Emacs issue.

- Ray