[h-e-w] Re: Multiple versions of Emacs under Windows; How to specify whi

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Multiple versions of Emacs under Windows; How to specify which Emacs should run when file is double-clicked?
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:05:05 +0200

On 12.01.2011 1:59, Lennart Borgman wrote:
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Troy Daniels

Command line versions of tools like CVS and SVN usually expect that the file
is done being editted when the editor command returns.
If you need to not wait and cannot set parameters, it is fairly simple to
still pass the flag.  Just create a .bat file with the contents
emacsclientw --no-wait %1
and use the batch file as the editor command.
Troy

That leaves a cmd.exe window hanging around until you have finished
editing. So it is not something I like

Why until you have finished editing? I have e.bat with:

  emacsclientw -a runemacs -n %1

which I put in PATH. Emacs 22 and 23 on Windows work fine - console
window with '-n' option closed very fast.

Without  '-n' it appear until you type C-x #.