RE: [h-e-w] Multiple versions of Emacs under Windows; How to specify whi

From: Francis Wright
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Multiple versions of Emacs under Windows; How to specify which Emacs should run when file is double-clicked?
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 12:48:54 -0000

You probably want to set the file association to emacsclientw.exe (note the w)
to avoid a command window popping up. And if you want emacsclient(w).exe to fire
up emacs if it is not already running then you need to specify runemacs as the
alternate editor, via either a command option or an environment variable. I
don't think it matters much which version of emacsclient(w).exe you run, or
where it is. It invokes the version of runemacs as alternate editor specified
explicitly (if you give it a full path name) or implicitly (if you don't give it
a full path name) as the first version found via your path environment variable.

Francis

That