Re: [h-e-w] use Emacs as Scheme IDE

From: John A Pershing Jr
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] use Emacs as Scheme IDE
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 16:50:04 -0500

On 11/5/2010 9:04 AM, 김태윤 wrote:
hello~
I am a Emacs beginner
I want to use Emacs as Scheme IDE (Interpreter and compiler) on windows XP
I add a following line to ".emacs" file
(require 'quack)

and open the Emacs
M-x
run-scheme
(I tried racket, gracket, mzscheme)
and tried to evaluate the following code
(require scheme/gui) or (require racket/gui)
(define f (new frame% (label "test")))
(send f show #t)

it doesn't working at all

is there anyway I can gui scheme programming on Emacs?(and image related programming)

김태윤,

I have no idea what quack/racket/gracket/mzscheme are.  However, M-x run-scheme is supposed to work...

...on a Linux system with Scheme installed.  The subrocess support tends to be hit-or-miss in Windoze systems, even with the target command(s) installed in the the %PATH%.  (Is there even a Scheme implementation for Windoze?).  Note that Scheme itself does not come with the Emacs distro; all that run-scheme does is start up an external Scheme process in an Emacs window, much the same way that M-x shell will start a sub-shell in a window (this one *does* work on Windoze, but who the heck wants a DOS shell...).

If your installed Scheme is called something other than "scheme", then you need to set (in your .emacs) the variable scheme-program-name to the string name of your Scheme system.

  -jp