[h-e-w] Make emacs frame invisible at startup and visible when emacsclie

From: Dirk80
Subject: [h-e-w] Make emacs frame invisible at startup and visible when emacsclient connects to it
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 09:22:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have a lot of stuff in my .emacs file. That's why I like the server-client
architecture which is standard in the EmacsW32 installer.

My favourite behaviour would be that the emacs-server is started invisible.
So I put the following code at the end of my .emacs file:

(make-frame-invisible (selected-frame) t)

This works as I want. I have an invisible Emacs-Server process running. But
my problem is when I now connect with an emacsclientw to the emacs-server I
do not get the frame back. It is still invisible. So I tried to call
emacsclientw with the parameter --eval "(make-frame-visible)". But it didn't
help. The frame is still invisible.

Hopefully you can help me.

Thank you very much
Dirk