Re: [h-e-w] Re: SSH inside Emacs?

From: Robert A. Lerche
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: SSH inside Emacs?
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 08:54:45 -0700

I have a somewhat unusual configurtion (NTEmacs plus MinGW/MSYS), but
I experience a similar result.

The problem on the local side (Emacs shell buffer on Windows) seems to
be when a pass phrase or password (non-echoing) prompt is issued.  If
I use ssh-agent to cache a credential I can then use ssh to connect to
a remote host.

After connecting I get a message "Pseudo-terminal will not be
allocated because stdin is not a terminal" but then I can issue
commands to the remote host.  No interactive prompt appears but output
from the remote shell does return to the Emacs shell buffer.

"stty -a" on the remote host says "stty: standard input: Invalid
argument"