[h-e-w] Fullscreen on Windows (again)

From: Christoph
Subject: [h-e-w] Fullscreen on Windows (again)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 20:07:48 -0600

Hi,

I am having issues with maximizing Emacs (23.2. and latest trunk snapshot) on Windows XP. It seems to work most of the time but when I use a monitor with a certain screen resolution, it fails.

For example:

1600x1200 pixels does not work and a) leaves a couple of pixels at the bottom and b) allows moving the window around.

1280x1024 pixels works fine and maximizes to fullscreen correctly.

1400x900 does not work when I disable the menu bar (symptoms see above), but when I leave the menu bar enabled, it works correctly.

I found this old thread

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-emacs-windows/2006-09/msg00003.html

which refers to a patch that was not installed because it was too close to a release.

Did the patch ever make it in the code after the release?

Christoph