[h-e-w] Re: Favorite Emacs email package

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Favorite Emacs email package
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 13:31:40 +0100

On 5/24/2010 11:03 PM, Sarir Khamsi wrote:

Is anyone using an Emacs email package (on Windows) that they like and
could recommend? I'm currently using Gnus (with BBDB), have used VM in
the past, and am curious about other user's experiences, since Gnus
can be pain to configure some times. Thanks.

I might be biased because I am now a developer of VM.  But, a couple of years
ago, I felt that I couldn't live with VM's meager IMAP support and considered
the alternatives, especially Gnus.  I found Gnus quite hard to set up.  So I
came back to VM and decided to add the stuff that I needed.  I am quite happy
about the choice,  VM now feels a lot better than it used to.

So, I would encourage you to give VM another try.  There are a couple of us
actively working on it and a few other people that contribute features once in
a while.

I am beginning to use Gnus again for reading newsgroups and still find it hard
to get into.  But maybe that's just me.

Cheers,
Uday