[h-e-w] Emacs crashes, network drives and hibernate

From: andy . ling
Subject: [h-e-w] Emacs crashes, network drives and hibernate
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:55:57 +0000

I have recently moved up to Emacs 23.1.1 from 21.3 and I'm finding it
keeps crashing.

I am running under Window XP. I have the emacs binaries on a network drive
and I suspect
it crashes if there is a problem talking to the network drive.

The easiest way to get it to crash is to hibernate the PC with emacs
running. When
I restore from hibernate emacs crashes.

I had been running 21.3 like this for some years without a problem. So
this is something
new to 23. I seem to remember a similar problem many years ago which was
fixed
by changing a compile flag.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks

Andy Ling

--

This e-mail is intended for the named addressees only. Its contents may be
privileged or confidential and should be treated as such. If you are not

Quantel is the trade name used by Quantel Holdings Limited and its
subsidiaries.  Quantel Holdings Limited is registered in England & Wales.
Registration No: 4004913
Contact details for all Quantel Offices and Companies can be found on our
website www.quantel.com or by writing to the holding company.
Registered address: Turnpike Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2NX, United
Kingdom