[h-e-w] Re: emacsclientw.exe bug: random exit status

From: Kai Tetzlaff
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: emacsclientw.exe bug: random exit status
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 21:21:20 +0100

Lennart Borgman wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Kai Tetzlaff <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Lennart Borgman wrote:
>>> Please look at EmacsW32 documentation at
>>>
>>>   http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32Util.html
>>>
>>> There is documentation about how to build Emacs on w32.
>> Thanks, that definitely helped to get started. I had some problems
>> getting the graphics libraries working. xpm needs some additional work
>> since simx.h (included by xpm.h) is only available in the source package
>> of libxpm/gnuwin32 and it's not installed by default in gnuwin32.
>>
>> Also i'm still getting errors when compiling etags (s. below). But
>> emacsclient compiles fine and i started testing a changed version (s. my
>> other post in this thread).
>
> I might have forgotten something. Could you perhaps also read
> emacs/nt/INSTALL in the source directory to see if that helps? (And
> tell me what I have missed.)

I found the problem i had during my previous attempt. I had downloaded a
nearly complete set of gnuwin32 libs including a regex lib which had
conflicting headers to the ones delivered with emacs. After removing
those everything compiled without problems.

So the instructions on your page a fairly complete. You might want to
add a hint of how to get the simx.h header file. And maybe also tell
people to just download the gunwin32 libs which are required (and not
the complete gnuwin32 distribution).

Thanks again,
Kai