Re: [h-e-w] Problem with emacs32 + Ctrl-Tab

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Problem with emacs32 + Ctrl-Tab
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:36:38 +0100

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Gary Oberbrunner <address@hidden> wrote:

> ----- "Ulrike Fischer" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I installed yesterday
>> GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
>>  of 2009-10-14 on LENNART-69DE564 (patched)
>> on winxp in a power user account.
>>
>> I have a problem with Ctrl-Tab (C-Tab) to switch between buffers: It
>> doesn't work at the start of emacs. I get a "<C-tab> not defined"
>> message. It works as expected as soon as I call once the menu
>> options->customize emacs32.  What can I do to enable C-tab directly
>> from the start?
>
> Where is this binding for C-tab supposed to be defined?  I have no binding
> for it, even after doing the options->customize thing you mention above.

It is defined in the ido minor mode map. However ido minor mode is
defined a bit differently than normal minor modes so it is a bit hard
to find. (See ourcomments-util.el in nXhtml for how to find it.)

You have to set the C-Tab handling on the page that is opened from the
menus above.

Ulriche, what is the value of ourcomments-ido-ctrl-tab?
Is there any error messages in *Messages* buffer?