[h-e-w] sql mode with postge on XP

From: stephenb
Subject: [h-e-w] sql mode with postge on XP
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:33:41 -0700 (PDT)

I can connect to the db and emacs starts the SQLi buffer, but sending strings
from a SQL buffer does not work.
emacs reports that the string was sent to the SQLi buffer, but nothing
really shows there and the sql statement never gets to execute.

if I just type a statement in SQLi and hit "enter" it will execute that.
however, pasting from another buffer does not execute. very strange.

Please, help.
Thank you
Stephen