Re: [h-e-w] Caps Lock key inoperative

From: John A Pershing Jr
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Caps Lock key inoperative
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 11:55:48 -0400

It works fine for me, although I never intentionally use the Caps Lock key.

Windows XP Pro SP-3, GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600).

 -jp

Erik D. Zane wrote:
I can not seem to get the Caps Lock key to actually work when using Emacs on Windows. Everyone seems to have a solution for switching Ctrl and Caps Lock so that the keyboard layout is like a Sun keyboard, but that's, quite honestly, not what I want (whenever I've had a Sun workstation, I've always switched it the other way), and that seems to carry the problem over. When I tried that solution, I ended up with a Caps Lock key that works like Ctrl, and a Ctrl key that does nothing. Is there anything I can do to work this out?