Re: [h-e-w] Problem of display of emacs under Windows 98

From: Dave Man
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Problem of display of emacs under Windows 98
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:37:26 +0800

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. The funny thing is the emacs window resists all
kinds of resizing. "Maximizing" simply shifts the tiny window to the
top left corner without actual resizing.
As for win98 support, I read both in the official docs and the
emacsw32 page saying that it is supported.
Today I will try emacs on a clean win98 install and report here soon.
The laptop I have tested is running a 98lited version.
It would be a great pity if emacs no longer runs on win98, although it
launches quickly in the old setup of merely a Cyrix MediaGX 166Mhz and
 64MB RAM.
Any successful win98 story out there? :-/

Regards,
Dave