RE: [h-e-w] Re: mouse wheel button problem on Windows

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Re: mouse wheel button problem on Windows
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 07:10:55 -0700

> > Something I don't understand is that if I disable
> > program-specific settings and assign the wheel button to
> > `None' at the general level, then no event at all is
> > sent to Emacs from the wheel button, but if I set the wheel
> > button to `None' as a program-specific setting for
> > `gnuclientw' or `runemacs', then it apparently
> > has no effect (still yanks and turns on autoscrolling).
>
> There is nothing surprising about that, neither runemacs nor
> gnuclientw are involved with mouse wheel processing at all.
> Only emacs.exe itself.

OK. If I set emacs.exe to `None' for the wheel button, then the effect is the
same as setting it to `None' at the general level: no event at all is sent to
Emacs from the wheel button. `C-h k' sees nothing and just waits until I hit
some other key.

Can you help? How can I get Windows to send an event to Emacs for a wheel-button
click (press), and not have Windows also turn on autoscroll? All I want is the
normal `down-mouse-2' followed by `mouse-2' events.