Re: [h-e-w] mouse wheel button problem on Windows

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] mouse wheel button problem on Windows
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 01:04:35 -0500

I can't really help directly; but I can provide some possibly relevant info for comparison:

Running under Windows XP Home with Emacs 23.1.50.1, the behaviour I observe with mouse-2 (wheel) is what one would hope for: Emacs sees the click immediately and behaves as advertised for Emacs. Other apps activate the AutoScroll as Drew describes. At first I thought Drew's problem was almost certainly with the driver, not Emacs. On second thought, it would appear that my Emacs must be doing something to assure that it gets the events directly without activating the AutoScroll mechanism. (Speculation: Perhaps the initial driver install fooled with some relevant registry parameter (that controls whether or not apps can take precedence on handling the event) and the uninstall did not restore that setting.)

Regards,
 David V.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>