Re: [h-e-w] 23.1.50; visit new file broken

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] 23.1.50; visit new file broken
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:37:19 +0200

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Run Emacs, click on "File" on the toolbar, and then on "Visit new file".
>> Enter a filename and click on "open".
>> A message window appears telling that there is no file with such a name,
>> suggesting to check it and try again.
>> C-c C-f instead creates properly the file.
>>
>> In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.0.6002)
>>  of 2009-06-30 on LENNART-69DE564 (patched)
>> Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.0.6002
>> configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --cflags -Ic:/g/include'
>

> This sounds like it might be bug #3969. It was fixed and closed, but after the
> release. You are using a pre-release snapshot. You should at least update to
> the
> release, 23.1 (but the bug is not fixed in the release - you need a more
> recent
> snapshot).

There is a new beta version of Emacs+EmacsW32 here

  http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/EmacsW32/test/

I have not made this a release version since there is a problem with
indenting in nXhtml (which is part of EmacsW32). I also have not had
time to look through some other problems with nXhtml, but I still
think it is useful.