Re: [h-e-w] Building Emacs from CVS

From: Konstantin
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Building Emacs from CVS
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:12:10 +0400

Hi,

> Install gcc,  from mingw.org.  If you have already installed it, then
> you probably need to add its bin directory to your PATH.

I've done it. I am attempting it with 2 versions of gcc:

gcc-full-4.4.0-mingw32-bin-2
gcc-core-3.4.5-20060117-3

switchig between them by changing PATH to it's bin folders.

So, gcc-full-4.4.0-mingw32-bin-2 fails with following message:

> > C:\Temp\emacs\nt>configure.bat
> > Checking for 'cp'...
> > Checking for 'rm'...
> > Checking whether 'gcc' is available...
> > gcc: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
> > Checking whether 'cl' is available...
> > "cl" Unknown command.

and gcc-core-3.4.5-20060117-3 fails with following message:

C:\Temp\emacs\nt>configure.bat
Checking for 'cp'...
Checking for 'rm'...
Checking whether 'gcc' is available...
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `as': Invalid argument

--
Konstantin <address@hidden>