[h-e-w] RE: Emacs-w32 Bug-Reports for 23.0.92.1 LENNART (patched) [WAS:

From: Drew Adams
Subject: [h-e-w] RE: Emacs-w32 Bug-Reports for 23.0.92.1 LENNART (patched) [WAS: 23.0.60; yanking raw-text into mini-buffer causes crash]
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 15:05:22 -0700

> From: Lennart Borgman Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 2:39 PM
> I feel a bit guilty so please forward any pejorative emails to me ;-)
>
> I have tried to arrange bug reporting the best way I could but maybe I
> have not been clear enough. If you are using the patched version to
> send then it will go to address@hidden (h-e-w) as you have
> observed.

And I am then guilty of having suggested to the OP to send an Emacs bug report.

Is address@hidden really the best place to send such bug reports? I
wouldn't think so, but it's your call, I guess.

I'd think that bugs specifically for your builds should go to you directly
(perhaps to a separate mail address that you use just for that), and vanilla
Emacs bugs should be directed, as usual, to the Emacs bugs list.

For Icicles, for instance, there is a command to send a bug report to me
directly. It picks up the relevant system info etc., prepopulating the mail.

I don't see why bug reports should go to a help mailing list, which is typically
for asking questions (getting help). If someone thinks something is a bug, then
that's not something to be discussed as help - it's just something to report to
the person who will fix bugs.

Just one opinion.
(removing emacs-devel and bugs mailing lists from CC)