Re: [h-e-w] emacs frame blurs

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] emacs frame blurs
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 09:29:39 +0800

Drew Adams wrote:
Yes, that sounds similar to what was reported, but I wonder. He's using 22.3.
Weren't those display problems reported only for Emacs 23 (CVS)? I see those
problems all the time (prior to the fix) with Emacs 23, but I've never seen them
with Emacs 22.3 (32-bit, XP).
The underlying problem has always been there. If Emacs has multiple frames, then Windows will combine WM_PAINT messages for them, ultimately sending them to only one frame.