Re: [h-e-w] Newbie - initial config

From: Tomas Valusek
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Newbie - initial config
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:26:38 +0100

Hello,

thanks for answers, they were very helpful. I chose a maillist carefully. Yes, I could post to general emacs-help maillist, but I suspect it's quite heavy traffic and I don't think I'm about to follow most of its posts. Moreover, since I'm a Windows user and my questions were windows-centric, I thought (and I think, correctly) this group would be more appropriate.

My main point is - I am not going to be "hardcore" Emacs user, I am about to become "casual" user. What I mean? I'd like occasionally use some of real powers of Emacs, but I would like not to stumble upon some of its differences just because of not realizing I'm not in another Windows plan-text editor.

I will not point out specific things, since I don't know Emacs enough.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Tomas Valusek