RE: [h-e-w] Installation problem with 22.2 and 22.3

From: Tahsin Çağrı Şişman
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Installation problem with 22.2 and 22.3
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 18:17:04 +0200

  Thank you for your reply.

The common factor in your failed attempts appears to be that you installed
from a .zip file (rather than a .tar.gz file). Maybe 7zip is messing up the
zip extraction. I use Windows' built in zip facilities: double-click the zip
archive and select "Extract all files" from the task pane or File menu in
Explorer.

I tried Windows' built in zip extractor as you suggest and also tried with WinRAR, but same problem occured.

I also install into C:\NTEmacs\. This works for me on both XP and
Vista. Installing programs ported from Unix into a path containing spaces
may cause problems (as may installing into "Program Files" on Vista, for
other reasons).

  During this trials, I extract under C:\emacs\ folder.