RE: [h-e-w] gnuclient vs. emacsclient

From: Francis Wright
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] gnuclient vs. emacsclient
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:26:54 -0000

I tried and failed to get emacsclient to work properly some time ago, so I went
back to using gnuclient, which does what I want it to. I'm using a very old
version of gnuclient and I'm surprised that it still works, but it does.
However, I expect other people have had the opposite experience and it may
depend on exactly how you use it. I mainly use it in the Windows Explorer
context menu so that I can open all files in the same instance of Emacs.

To be precise, I'm using gnuclient 1.7 (27 Feb 1997) on both Windows XP and
Vista with

GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.0.6001)
 of 2008-09-06 on SOFT-MJASON

Francis