[h-e-w] HOME value for Portable Emacs

From: Henri Fischer
Subject: [h-e-w] HOME value for Portable Emacs
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 13:09:57 +0100

Hi,

Since two months I've been enjoying Emacs with org-mode. I use a Carbon version on my private MacBook Pro and a Windows version on a USB memory key for work. Two weeks ago I came in contact with "remember", which I think is great. I got it to work on my MBP, and now want to use it on my USB as well.

On my MBP after downloading and unpacking remember.zip, I had to edit my .emacs to set the load path for the remember.el's and make sure Emacs knows files ending with *.org, are for org-mode.

My portable Emacs has "C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Application Data/" as HOME. Since my USB is used on different clients, I would like my portable Emacs to get .emacs from one of its own folders. Is this possible? And if so, how?

Kind Regards,
Henri

ps Emacs and org-mode newbee