[h-e-w] 23.0.60; Emacs hangs randomly

From: Tim Schumacher
Subject: [h-e-w] 23.0.60; Emacs hangs randomly
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 17:23:20 +0000

This is a bug report for the PATCHED Emacs+EmacsW32.
Please test the unpatched version of Emacs+EmacsW32 before reporting
if you can. If the bug is also in the unpatched version then
report from the unpatched version else report here.

If it is very inconvenient for you to try the unpatched version,
but you believe the bug is not related to the patches then you
may change the address above to address@hidden

For easy to read information about the patches see EmacsW32 home
page.

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the address@hidden
mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

Emacs just hangs. It doesnt redraw the page, the cursor doesnt blink
and nothing reacts. I removed my .emacs so nothing on my side can
interfere. I cant cancel this effect with C-g. I suspect the autosave
feature, but this effect happens on this Windows XP box, but also at
home with Vista. This is also mode independend since it happens with
fundamental, org and sql (these are the main I use). and also now as
I'm typing it hangs, it was for about 3-5 seconds. If I'm saving it
works as expected.

As you might see, I use the build from ourcomments.org.

Please reply also to me, since I'm not subscribed to the maillinglist.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
d:/Programme/Emacs/emacs/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-09-02 on LENNART-69DE564 (patched)
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --cflags -Ic:/g/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  server-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  noticeable-minibuffer-prompts-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
e i s t u n g e n SPC M-b M-b M-b C-SPC C-e C-w W e
n n SPC k e i n e SPC L e i s t u n g e n SPC i m SPC
O <S-backspace> V O <backspace> o r g i <backspace>
a n g SPC - > SPC K e i n e SPC K a l k u l a t i o
n <M-S-return> N e u e SPC A s s i SPC <backspace>
S e i t e SPC w e n n SPC k e i n e SPC L e i s t u
n g <C-backspace> P r e i s e SPC v e <backspace> o
r h a n d e n SPC s i n d . SPC E s SPC k a n n SPC
a b e r SPC t r o t z d e m SPC e i n e SPC K a l k
a n g e l e g t SPC w e r d e n M-b M-b o h n e SPC
E K SPC C-s C-x C-x C-s C-g C-n C-n C-p C-e C-g C-g
C-x C-s <help-echo> <M-S-return> L i n i t l u x u
s SPC a u f SPC a n d e r e SPC i n i t SPC ü b e r
t r a g e n C-x C-s M-b M-b M-b M-b C-b C-b C-b C-b
C-b C-b M-c C-x C-s <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<double-down-mouse-1>
<double-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <se
nd-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Auto-saving...done
Wrote c:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/tschumacher/.todo.org
Auto-saving...done
FOLDED
Mark set
Auto-saving...done
Auto-saving...done
Quit [3 times]
Wrote c:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/tschumacher/.todo.org [3 times]
Mark set