[h-e-w] Re: format-time-string

From: 山本和彦
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: format-time-string
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 13:21:09 +0900 (JST)

Hello,

> On Windows, that has never been the case unless you explicitly set
> the TZ environment variable to JST.

What I wanted to say is that Emacs 22.2.92 works differently from
Emacs 22.2.

If this is a spec change, I need to change my mailreader.

> > Some mailreaders on Emacs use this function to produce the Date:
> > field.
> Those mailreaders already have a bug if they do that. RFC 822 only
> allowed a small subset of timezone abbreviations (US timezones and
> GMT, plus single character Milatary designations that I've never
> seen in real use), and its successor RFC 2822 makes even these
> obsolete, requiring numeric timezone specifiers in all cases.

No. Please look at the Date: field above. JST is inserted as
*comment*.  Of course, it is not required. But again, I would point
out that mailreaders which work on Emacs 22.2 does not work on Emacs
22.2.92.

--Kazu