[h-e-w] Open files from cygwin shell in emacs in a new buffer, not frame

From: Scott Plumlee
Subject: [h-e-w] Open files from cygwin shell in emacs in a new buffer, not frame
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 16:32:07 -0400

I'm running EmacsW32 with a cygwin shell inside it.  All the hints I
find for opening files in the running version of emacs seem to open a
new frame if I try to do something like "emacsclient FILE" from the
command line.  Is it possible to have the file open as a new buffer?
When I get the second frame, I use double the memory on the PC.