Re: [h-e-w] 23.0.60; cygwin1.dll dependency

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] 23.0.60; cygwin1.dll dependency
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 22:28:14 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 21:49:26 +0200
From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden>
CC: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>

Now I wonder what to do with the image libraries. This problem is of course not only a problem for Emacs+EmacsW32. The same thing that happened here could happen to anyone using Emacs on ms windows.

Eli, do you have any suggestion? Who knows more about the image libraries?

My only suggestion is not to mix Cygwin and non-Cygwin executables.
Segregate them by preparing 2 scripts, on each for switching to each
of the two environments, and run the right one before using the first
executable from a different environment.

Thanks, I wonder if not more can be done, but let us move this discussion to the devel list.

And another question: Where can I get depends.exe that you mention, Stephan?

It's part of the MS Support Tools package, which you can download from
the MS site.

Thanks.